Empowering Football Clubs on their Journey to 50/50
- The Change Makers Project is the first of its kind, and an important collaboration between academics, Football Victoria and local football clubs.
The aim is simple: to empower Football Clubs in Victoria to achieve 50% female participation across all areas of football.
To get there we have put together a top team of passionate researchers and educators from the Sport and Social Change Living Lab at Victoria University who have designed a football-specific inclusion and diversity program focused on making change in football clubs.
We are generously supported by the Victoria State Government: Office for Women in Sport and Recreation, Change our Game Research Grant which means that the program is free for the ‘First 50’ clubs.
Our program involves:
- Four guided workshops led by highly experienced educators in gender and diversity in sport
- Designing a project that seeks to make a change toward 50/50 in your club
- Working one-on-one with one of our mentors who will help you and your club implement and evaluate your project
- Fun, collaboration, community and social change
Cohort 1: Starts 3rd September, 2020
Cohort 2: Starts 22nd October, 2020
Cohort 3: Starts 8th February, 2021
To find out more please submit the form below: